Last updated July 2nd 2021.
This email will outline some important information about our Covid protocols, and the important change for drop-off and pick-up. It’s an important one, please read on. This summer we are focused on our sailors’ health & safety, while still maintaining a sense of fun and normalcy for everyone. We need your participation to help ensure this runs smoothly, and safely.
Covid Safety Plan Summary:
- DAILY Screening protocols
- Cohorts or “Pods” (consistent groups) of no more than 15 – 20 people (excluding the instructors) for the entire session
- ONLY Outdoor activities (with tents)
- MASKS REQUIRED. Face coverings while on land, including washroom use
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING where possible
- REGULAR SANITIZING of equipment and facilities and high-touch surfaces and boats
- ZERO GARBAGE POLICY. All food and garbage waste must be taken home with the sailors. There are no recycling or garbage cans on site.
- ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Sailors will be sent home if they do not follow the safety guidelines
IN ADDITION: Two-week blocks for kids to sail with the same person each day in an assigned two-person boats.
Each day you or your child must fill out a Covid Saftey Screening. To facilitate this, for each session you registered for, you will receive an email asking you to subscribe to Daily Covid Screening Reminders. This will also allow you to input an email address for teens who can fill out their own form.
You may notice that we decided to re-purpose the Ontario School Screening page…YES, it’s for SLSC not school!!
Once you have signed up for the Reminder Form, you will receive an email with the link every morning at 7:30am if you have sailor/s registered in the session.
The morning program will run from 8:30am to 11:30am
The afternoon program will run from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
EXCEPT for the CANSail 4-5-6 – Sessions will run from 9:00am to 2:00pm
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
To help keep crowds to a minimum, if your sailors are able and old enough to travel to and from SLSC alone, this is the preferred mode.
If you need to drive your sailors, please follow the designated drop off/pick up areas for parents/guardians.
THIS IS DIFFERENT!!
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO SLSC BOATHOUSE NEW ARRIVAL LOCATION IS 33 Golf Link’s Road (the Wroe’s property with the big greenhouse) for drop off & pick up
Please follow the directional arrows to ensure there is one-way traffic flow to get you on your way efficiently and safely. Adults, please remain in your car.
Masks are mandatory for everyone on SLSC property, including the pick-up and drop-off areas. Please arrive by bike to 33 Golf Links Road, the Wroe Family Farm field.
There will be designated areas to leave bikes within cohort groups near their tents on the Wroe Farm field. Sailors will then go directly to their sailing level cohort & remain socially distanced.
Instructors will sanitize their hands and once everyone has arrived, each cohort will head down the hill to SLSC property for an amazing day on the water.
Please plan to arrive on time...the cohorts travel together which makes late arrivals challenging to manage.
The MORNING program will run from 8:30am to 11:30am
The AFTERNOON program will run from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
If you are sick, you must stay home – the DAILY SCREENING app will indicate this if you answer the questions correctly If someone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, YOU MUST STAY HOME Anyone displaying any COVID-19 symptoms you will NOT be permitted on the premises If symptoms consistent with Covid begin while at SLSC, the sailor will be isolated, and then a parent/guardian will be contacted to come and pick up the sailor as soon as is possible If you have traveled outside Canada, you are not permitted on our premises until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days subject to Federal quarantine laws In addition, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO CLUB if you have someone in your household, or someone staying with your family, who is in quarantine, as required by Federal quarantine laws Physical distancing is required at all times (minimum of two meters) Failure to observe physical distancing risks the closure of the facility, and as such, you will be asked to leave the premises Wearing of masks by everyone on SLSC property is mandatory.
In the event storms are forecasted, families will be notified in advance of the sailing day if the tents are not able to provide adequate shelter from rain. There is no ability to shelter indoors from a storm.
Sailors will be required to stay home on that day.
Likewise, if inclement weather develops, parents will be notified and asked to come and pick up their sailors.
NOTE: it will be important for the Instructors to have contact phone numbers for each sailor for quick and efficient information sharing. Please make sure your contact information is up to date.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLUB
- A mask (to be worn at all times on land, but not on the water). Please pack an extra mask in your bag in case one gets lots or wet or dirty.
- A properly fitting Lifejacket or PFD (If it’s too large it’s not safe).
- Refillable water bottle
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher, waterproof is recommended)
- Bathing suit & towel
- Hat or Visor (these can blow off on windy days, so we recommend to attach them to the PFD with a clip)
- Sunglasses with 100% UVA & UVB protection (straps a good idea)
- Closed-toed shoes that can get wet and dry easily (such as water shoes, crocs, or natives)
- Quick-drying shorts and top
- Snacks (nut-free please) THIS YEAR SNACKS MUST BOOMERANG HOME
- For windy, rainy and cold days, a complete change of warm clothes are recommended (a fleece and a rain jacket are best)
- Note: Use of cell phones or other electronic devices by sailors is not permitted during program hours, but they may be kept in a backpack for after hours.